Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Don't Rush Me!

We all know that being able to close a sale is critical if you want a successful career in sales. However, trying to achieve this goal too soon will only accomplish the opposite.

I was recently talking to the sales manager of a hotel to arrange meeting space for my upcoming Negotiating With Confidence workshop and Secrets of Power Selling seminar. The conversation was frustrating because I felt like she didn’t listen to me and that her primary focus was getting a contract filled out and signed as quickly as possible. She raced through a variety of options, packages and prices but she did not give me time to figure out the total costs associated with each so I ended up somewhat confused. Later that day she sent me a contract, and not surprisingly, the details were not correct. As a result, I chose to book my sessions at a different hotel.

I certainly know the importance of gaining commitment from a potential buyer. However, when you try and rush that person into making a buying decision, you are more likely to lose the sale. Remember, people need to time to process and digest information. So, slow down, relax, and take your time working through the sales process.

Have a productive & profitable week!


Overcome Objections Quickly & Easily


"I'll think about it."
"You're too expensive."
"Let me check with my boss."
"We already have a supplier."

If you're like most people who sell a product or service it's inevitable that you will hear objections from time-to- time. There are, however, specific strategies you can use that will help you deal more effectively with this apsect of the sales process.

Discover how you can reduce the number of objections you hear and often eliminate them entirely. Attend The Secrets to Overcoming Objections tele-seminar on Tuesday May 8th at 3:00 PM.

Get all the details or register for this session here.

By the way, this tele-seminar WILL be recorded which means if you can't attend the actual tele-seminar due to scheduling conflicts, you can still benefit from it. Order the CD here.


Weekly Motivational Quote

Direction is more important than speed. We are so busy looking at our speedometers that we forget the milestone.”
Unknown

1 Comments:

At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very nice posts. by the way, may i know when and where the workshop will take place? it sounds interesting. ;-)

have a nice day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home